It has been a few weeks since Fitbloggin’ 14 wrapped up. I’ve seen many recaps and continued to be awed by the power of this group. The determination. The support. The knowledge. It is all so overwhelming to process. I’ve attempted in my usual haphazard way to share a little of what I learned.
1. Oatmeal blogging is a thing. Who knew? I sure didn’t. I guess people take pictures of their oatmeal. I had to do a search on Pinterest to verify. From what I heard you either hate it or love it. I love oatmeal so I will probably love it. Does seem like a limited subject to blog about. Doesn’t everyone have a strong opinion on what they want on their oatmeal? My aunt will beat you with a stick if you try to put raisins in her oatmeal. I prefer honey and butter. Not sure why I’m starting with this tidbit except it was completely new to me.
This Coconut Mango Energyade made in a Nutri Ninja was refreshing and filling.
2. Fitbloggin peeps are some of the nicest friendliest huggingest(made that up just for them) people you will ever meet. Like WOW! You know those people who walk around saying, “You look like you need a hug.” They all go to Fitbloggin’.
Me and Leah (Bookieboo) of Mamavation (big hugger!)
3. Adrian Foster smells yummy and chia is yummy. Both facts place me firmly in my happy place.
I enjoyed being near Adrian Foster more than the Health Warrior Chia Bar but it was a tight race.
4. I was nervous about attending Fitbloggin’ because I am overweight. I feel like a failure in the weigh loss arena, however, I kept reminding myself I wogged(walked/jogged) 13 races last year and my health numbers otherwise are pretty good. I did belong there. As one of the other attendees commented, “If you want to know about weight loss, nutrition, fitness, etc., ask an overweight person. They will know the information.”
Not only did RunDisney bring in Mickey Mouse but we got to meet the legendary Jeff Galloway!!
5. My friend, Alyssa of Double Chin Diary, won the California Avocado recipe contest! I always thought she was award winning material and now it is official. Check out her recipe for Strawberry Nectarine Avocado Tarts.
6. Everyone feels marginalized in some way. I attended a session for bloggers over 40. It was widely agreed upon brands often discount the power of the more mature blogger even though women our age tend to have more disposable income. Larger bloggers get hated upon for being larger. Thinner bloggers get hated upon for being thinner. Ultimately if we all realize the fact we ALL have a struggle to overcome and have more compassion towards each other, everyone’s burden will be lightened.
My new friend Sarah of Losing Weight and Having Fun.
7. These people are nutty!! They will make you laugh and they will make you cry but in the end you walk away a better person filled with inspiration for continuing your own journey.
Thanks to this nut bar set up by California Almonds I am obsessed with Balsamic Vinegar Almonds.
8. The next Fitbloggin will be June , 2015 in Denver, CO. I highly suggest you consider joining us. Yes, I do plan on being there again but don’t take my word for it. Hope over to Fitbloggin’14 and check out all the recaps from this experience.
This is Roni the woman behind the curtain of Fitbloggin’.