JERICHO – NYPD Blue alum Esai Morales has joined CBS’ Jericho in the recurring role of Col. Hoffman, a career military man and Iraq War veteran who has not heard from his wife since the day of the attacks. Morales, who most recently costarred on Fox’s short-lived Vanished, is set to appear in six of Jericho’s seven episodes ordered for mid-season.
24 – Cherry Jones has been appointed president, representing the first major casting for Season 7. Jones, 51, has appeared in such recent films as Ocean’s Twelve, The Village and Signs. Also of note, she became the first openly lesbian actress to win a Tony award (for The Heiress) when she thanked her longtime partner during her 1995 acceptance speech.
24 has gone green! Fox announced on Sunday that 24 will strive to become the first television production ever to save enough energy and reduce enough carbon emissions over the course of a season to render its entire season finale “carbon neutral.” The steps the drama will be taking include:
• he introduction of biodiesel fuels to power generators and production vehicles
• the use of “green power” (that is, from wind, water or solar) to run onstage production activities
• the introduction of hybrid vehicles into the production fleet
• a series of PSAs starring Kiefer Sutherland and other cast members
• when appropriate, the incorporation of global-warming and carbon-emissions reduction issues into story lines (e.g., Jack shouting, “Drop it! The key to your Hummer, that is!”).
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS – Glenn Morshower, who played 24 fans’ favoritest Secret Serviceman, is joining Friday Night Lights this season as Landry’s father, a state champion Panthers alum turned local lawman.
Walt Disney Pictures is prepping a “reimagining” of Escape to Witch Mountain, the 1975 pic about two siblings endowed with paranormal powers…. I don’t know about all of you but I saw this movie about once a year in elementary school on the day the teachers put all the students in the music room for a movie while they had margaritas in the lounge. I’m kidding about the margaritas I’m not sure what they were doing while we were occupied. I loved this movie. Could you imagine the lawsuits today if someone should a movie with “gulp” witches in it at school.