I’m doing my usual 10 on Tuesday with The Chronicles of Marla but in honor of the A to Z challenge I am using 10 D words to describe each one.
1. Deadline – Two days left to sign up for my Blogger Blog Design Giveaway here.
2. Distress – I have five people arriving in two days. My first company since moving so I’m completely unprepared. I’ve tossed photos up on the walls, washed the bedding and tried to shove the unpacked boxes into neat piles in the spare rooms. I don’t want my company afraid of falling boxes. I still need to scrub the floors, walls, carpets, counters and husband. In addition, I just booked three more friends for next month. Savannah has made me very popular.
3. Distraction – I’m always distracted by the tags on other people’s clothes. How they peek out at me and mock me knowing I’m too chicken to tell the person about this runaway tag.
4. Decorating – I have been decorating. Since we have moved three times in the two years, I haven’t really taken the time to actually decorate. I love hanging up my art and pictures.
5. Disturb – I’m disturbed by people who wait until they are told their total in the grocery store line before they dig in their purse for their checkbook. Really? Didn’t know you would have to pay? Check doesn’t write itself. I’m most disturbed by the amount of rage with which I could shove her checkbook up her….Oh never mind. You get the point.
6. Delightful – I am delighted that in a few weeks I will be sitting in the park at the amphitheater listening to Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band. How awesome is that?
7. Date- Last Friday, Hubby and I did another adventure. We headed out to Tybee Island for some seafood and then went hiking at Fort Pulaski. It was extremely windy but we had a nice leisurely afternoon of walking for several miles.
8. Debt – Last week I paid off another one of our credit cards. We are getting so close to debt free. One more year!
9. Despise – I despised yesterday. My grandma’s drawing fell seconds after hanging it shattering glass everywhere, I kept dropping things, I discovered I had the wrong size of blinds for the guest room which we bought too long ago to return, then my dog kicked me in the face knocking off my glasses and slightly getting his nail in my eye ball. When I finally went to bed with a massive headache hoping it would just end I realized I didn’t think I had paid my credit card that was due that day so I rushed to the computer only to discover that the bill I thought I had paid off in #8 I actually paid the pay off amount to this other card. So I made a payment on the card that was now not paid off and went to bed to weep.
10. Done – As in this list is done! Back to another decorating debacle day.