I looked over my resolutions from 2012 and am sad to report I failed to complete most of them.
So why do I keep doing them? I don’t know. Why the hell do I keep doing anything? To eventually achieve success is the best I can reckon. I wasn’t even going to share my resolutions this year but I spent most of my day trying to make a blog button for the post I really wanted to publish but failed miserably. I’m now sitting on my back porch wrapped in a blanket moping. 2013 was going to be my year! I was going to ride her like a unicorn to my pot of gold or like a Segway to the nearest Starbucks. It was going to be a win win either way.
I’m on an emotional rollercoaster ride from hell. Clearly I am melting and missing an eye!
Sadly this first day has already been a complete test of my mettle. My daughter has a horrible cold and cough, she has given me said cold and cough probably one of the times she sneezed in my face, slobbered on my face, puked on my chest or when I sucked the snot out of her nose (in retrospect I guess I had it coming no matter what), hubby and I have gotten in three absurd fights (which is why I’m on the porch cooling off) and I can not make a decent blog button.
But I’m not going to give up. It is only day one and how lame would it be to crawl to my bed praying for 2014 to hurry up? I’m dusting off my pajamas and listing my goals. Perhaps as I’m shivering away on the porch the warm thoughts of future success will aide me in finishing this bloody day so I can wake up in the morning with a fresher attitude.
1. Develop, promote and successfully produce a linky party about something I am passionate.
2. Adopt a 2nd child..
3. Fundraise a small amount of the funds for the adoption. Ideally I would like to raise $10,000 but I would settle with $5,000. Starting with $90 already in the pot from Amazon affiliate button during Christmas season. Currently planning a Zumba party fundraiser with my instructor.
4. Run in no less than 7 races this year.
5. Lose 65+ pounds.
6. Get up to date with Baby Bug’s baby book.
7. Finally get the complete house functioning and decorated the way it works best for our family.
Light at the end of the tunnel!
Those should be enough to keep me busy until at least June. If I have completed them all by June 1st, I don’t have to do any resolutions in 2014. Maybe I’ll let you pick an 8th resolution for me? I prefer even numbers. What would be a good goal for me? Less Disney cartoons? More reading? Get out my 2012 Christmas Cards? Create a diorama of the inside of a Starbucks complete with real coffee drinks in the mugs? Go crazy….